We’re carrying out essential maintenance to our website between 2 and 4 pm today. Some of our online forms may be unavailable during this time.
Lanarkshire workforce testing for Covid-19
Aims and key messaging
- Assist all employees to understand the importance of regular testing for Covid19.
- Explain the different types of Covid19 tests and the process involved.
- To ensure all employees have access to Covid19 tests or know how to access these.
- Provide employees with guidance and support regarding regular Covid19 testing.
- Ensure that managers support employees with the testing process.
- To outline the rules that must be followed if an employee tests positive for coronavirus.
- Around 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 have no symptoms but may be passing the virus on to loved ones, friends and the wider community without knowing it.
- Not everyone who has coronavirus will have symptoms, so people could be spreading the disease without knowing it.
- Testing for positive cases and encouraging those people to self-isolate means we have a better chance of stopping the virus spreading.
- The community testing partnership initiative, working with the Scottish Government, aims to drive down local COVID-19 rates and transmission by identifying positive cases more quickly, as people can spread the virus to others before symptoms appear.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result will be asked to self-isolate. Dedicated support is available to anyone who needs to self-isolate.
- Vaccinated employees should also be encouraged to continue testing as it may still be possible for them to pass on the virus.
- Testing is voluntary for all staff.