North and South Lanarkshire Councils will host a public firework display at Strathclyde Country Park on 5 November at 6.30pm.
From 4.30pm to 8pm food outlets will be open at the Watersports Centre concourse, with music playing in the area. A bonfire will be lit at 5.30pm.
The firework display can be seen from locations around the park. Solar lights line the edges of some of paths around the park to guide visitors.
There will be no funfair at the Watersports Centre but M&Ds Scotland’s Theme Park will be open for business as usual from 10am to 10pm with a special online wristband offer, and two food outlets will be located at the foreshore car park.
The event is expected to be very busy and there is limited parking within the park, so the advice is:
- arrive early and enjoy the food and music
- travel to the park by public transport, or
- park further from the park and walk.
The road through the park will be open from 4.30pm to allow parking. Please note: The beach car park will be closed.
Parking is available in Hamilton at Hamilton Palace Sports Grounds and Low Parks Museum, South Lanarkshire Council's overflow car park at the rear of Aldi, Keith Street and High Patrick Street. The usual restrictions and fees will be lifted in these car parks for the evening.
The tunnel from Hamilton into the park will be open until 6.30pm. From then, it will only be open for people exiting the park.
Disabled parking spaces are available in the main car park, beside the Watersports Centre, and is bookable on a first-come, first-served basis. Call 01698 402060 for a pass.
Disabled parking spaces can be booked in advance on a first come first served basis by calling 01698 402060.
Police Scotland will manage traffic entering and leaving the event.
At the main entrance to the park, there will be no right turn from Hamilton Road South, and no straight on or right turn from Airbles Road. Traffic coming from these directions will be directed towards Hamilton, round the roundabout and back to turn left into the park.
Road closures will be in place on:
- Airbles Road offside lane from the junction with Hamilton Road, south east for 40m
- Braedale Avenue from the junction with Hamilton Road, northeast for 20m
- Bothwellhaugh Road, Bellshill from the junction with McCallum Gardens, southeast then southwest for 700m
No waiting or loading restrictions will be in place from 12 noon to midnight on the day at:
- Hamilton Road, from the Clyde Bridge to Tinkers Lane
- Airbles Road, from Hamilton Road to Tinkers Lane
- Tinkers Lane
- Airbles Farm Road
- east side of The Loaning, from Hamilton Road to Ladywell Road
- south side of Ladywell Road, from The Loaning east for 30m
- north side of Ladywell Road, from The Loaning to the end of the road
- north side of Paragon Drive, from Tinkers Lane to Eagles Crescent.
Traffic wardens will be in operation in the streets around the park to enforce these restrictions.
Pedestrian access will be allowed at all times.
Glow-in-the-dark wristbands are available for children to wear at the event to help reunite parents and children if they become separated. These are available in advance from the Civic Centre, Strathclyde Park reception and Motherwell Library, and on the day from Strathclyde Park reception and event stewards.
Public toilets are available at the Watersports Centre concourse, the footbridge car park and M&D’s.
- Do not bring your own fireworks or sparklers into the park.
- Do not bring pets to the event.
- There will be no admission to anyone under the influence or alcohol or drugs.
- Drones must not be used anywhere in the park during the event.
- Place litter in public bins or take it home.