Service updates and advice
A child performance licence is needed for a child to take part in a performance that is to be recorded and/or viewed, by whatever means.
Applying for a licence
In order to process an application, we need the following items:
- completed application form
- completed medical declaration from parent/carer
- letter from child's head teacher
- a copy of child's birth certificate
- two identical photos of the child (must be taken during the six months preceding the application), alternatively an electronic photograph can be submitted as long as it meets the criteria of: plain background, head and shoulders straight on photograph
- a copy of the contract, draft or other documents containing particulars of the agreement
- a declaration under Section 38(1)(a) or (b) of the Children and Young Persons Act 1963
The application form must be sent 21 days before the start of any performances.
Please note: unfortunately, we cannot accept photographs of documents - originals or scanned documents must be provided.