Skip to main content

Child performance licence

A child performance licence is needed for a child to take part in a performance that is to be recorded and/or viewed, by whatever means.

Applying for a licence

In order to process an application, we need the following items:

  • completed application form
  • completed medical declaration from parent/carer
  • letter from child's head teacher
  • a copy of child's birth certificate
  • a digital head and shoulders photograph on a plain background
  • a copy of the contract, draft or other documents containing particulars of the agreement
  • a declaration under Section 38(1)(a) or (b) of the Children and Young Persons Act 1963

The application form must be sent 21 days before the start of any performances.

Please note: unfortunately, we cannot accept photographs of documents - scanned documents must be provided.

Child in Entertainment application form

Please download and complete the application form. Forms and associated documents should be emailed to the address provided. 

Child in Entertainment License

Page last updated:
15 Mar 2021

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback