Service updates and advice
Free school meals and clothing grants
Free school meals
You may be entitled to apply for free schools meals if your child attends a North Lanarkshire school. All Primary 1 to 3 children are automatically entitled to receive a free school meal.
To apply, please download and complete a free school meals application form below (address details are on the form).
Once we've made a decision, we'll contact you using the mobile number or email address you supplied, or by letter.
We will let the school know once a new application has been accepted.
If you receive any of the following benefits and your child attends a North Lanarkshire school then you can apply for free school meals:
- Income support
- Job seekers allowance (income based)
- Employment and support allowance (income related)
- Universal credit (max. monthly income of £610)
- Child tax credit (gross annual income less than £16,105 and no element of working tax credit)
- In receipt of both maximum child tax credit and maximum working tax credit (gross maximum income below £7330)
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999