Skip to main content

Mental health

Statutory mental health services

Services we provide directly

Community care teams

Provide health and social care assessment and care management services which can enable self-directed support.

They are usually only available on a professional referral basis such as through your GP.

Contact your local social work office.

Mental health officers

These specialist social workers support and protect people who are vulnerable because of mental disorder.

They are only available on a professional referral basis.

Find out more about mental health officers. This may be helpful if you or someone you know is or has been subject to a mental health order in hospital, in the courts or in the community.

Page last updated:
14 Feb 2024

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback