This Shared BSL Plan for Lanarkshire builds on work already achieved through strong partnerships and outlines the actions we will take while maintaining the individual accountability of each organisation. We share the long-term goals for all Scottish public services set out in the BSL National Plan and aim to:
- Offer D/deaf and Deafblind children and their families the right information and support at the right time to engage with BSL.
- Support children and young people to:
- reach their full potential at every stage of their learning
- Offer parents who use BSL the same opportunities as other parents to be fully involved in their children’s education
- enable more pupils to learn BSL at school
- Support BSL users to develop skills for work and progress in their chosen career.
- Make our information and services accessible to BSL users so as they can lead informed, healthy and active lives.
- Contribute to making our transport safe, fair and inclusive.
- Enable BSL users to take part in culture and the arts as participants, audience members and professionals and they too can share their culture.
- Actively encourage BSL users to participate in community and democratic life.