Skip to main content

Your councillor

Councillors registered interests

Councillors and other committee members have to give notice of any "registrable interests". They are required to do this under the Ethical Standards in Public Life etc (Scotland) Act 2000 and the Register of Members Interests Regulations 2003.

What are "registrable interests"?

These can include:

  • contracts
  • election expenses
  • gifts and hospitality
  • houses, land and buildings
  • non-financial interests 
  • related undertakings 
  • renumeration 
  • shares and securities 

Viewing the register

We publish information on the Councillors' Information System. You can view the register of interests for a councillor by clicking on their name in the member list.

Page last updated:
26 Oct 2020

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback