We’re carrying out essential maintenance to our website between 2 and 4 pm today. Some of our online forms may be unavailable during this time.
These are the Terms of Agreement of our Business Waste Collection service. A downloadable version is available at the bottom of this page:
- Each year you are required to complete a Duty of Care waste collection notice. This is a legal document under The Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) (Scotland) Regulations 2014. You must complete the online form as part of your formal contract with the council. You must retain a copy for 2 years as you may be asked to produce this to an authorised officer, i.e. Waste Enforcement Officer. There will be an annual £30 administration fee for each Duty of Care issued.
- By signing your Duty of Care document, you are agreeing a waste contract with North Lanarkshire Council over a 52 week period, unless otherwise agreed.
- The customer shall agree the frequency and the days of collection with NLC Waste Solutions.
- The waste producer (the customer) is required to separate their waste according to the Waste (Scotland) Regulations 2012. Advice and assistance is available from NLC Waste Solutions.
- Only waste contained within the correct wheeled bin(s) shall be collected on your specified collection day(s).
- The customer shall be required to present the wheeled bin(s) at a safe and specified location by 7am on the day of collection, bin may be serviced anytime between 7am and 6pm
- All waste bins are purchased by the customer and are the sole responsibility of the customer (including cleanliness, storage and condition of the bins).
- The customer is responsible for the cost of any repairs / replacement of all bin(s), unless damaged by our waste management operatives.
- Any recycling bin that is contaminated with incorrect material and is presented for collection, will be charged at the rate for general waste, it will also not be collected by the recycling collection vehicle and be collected with the general waste once notified.
- Business Waste collection charges will be paid by direct debit only business waste collection charges are not subject to VAT.
- Our terms are 14 days net. Where an invoice remains unpaid, your service may be suspended. Should you experience difficulties in paying your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, to discuss the matter. Should the situation continue however, consideration will be given to discontinue the service with immediate effect.
- If you wish to terminate your contract with us, your service can be cancelled you’re your business waste dashboard, alternatively you can email email@example.com or in writing to North Lanarkshire Council, Regulatory Services and Waste Solutions, Waste and Fleet Depot, Souterhouse Road, Coatbridge, ML5 4AA. please provide one months’ notice.
- Any bins that remain the property of NLC will be removed from the customers’ premises.