Latest service updates, advice for businesses, health information and support for parents
New Monkland Cemetery
The Joint area in this cemetery on Condorrat Road, Airdrie was opened for interments around 1842. The Rydenmains area was opened in 1935 and the Landward area was opened in 1938 it covers 8.67 hectares; approximately 130 burials take place each year.
All lairs within our cemeteries are lawn style and can only be purchased at the time of burials and only in cemeteries where space permits. New Monkland cemetery has new lairs available. The purchase of a lair grants the holder the exclusive right to burial, there is no transfer of land ownership.
The office is closed on Public Holidays.