Skip to main content
Close notification
Strike Action Suspended

Intended strike action on 26-28 September has been suspended. 

All schools and early learning centres will be open from Tuesday 26 September 2023. 

Liquor licences

Apply or reapply for a liquor licence.

Application forms

To apply:

  • for an occasional licence
  • for a personal licence
  • for a premises licence
  • to vary a premises licence
  • to transfer a premises licence

please choose the application form you need from the forms below.

Please print off the form, fill it in, sign it and enclose the correct fee before sending it to us at the address on the form.

If you want to apply for a premises licence (extended hours), please contact us to ask for an application form:

Once you receive the application form please print off the form, fill it in, sign it and enclose the correct fee before sending it to us at the address on the form.

Please make sure you read any notes before you apply.

How much will the licence cost?

You can view the fees in our Liquor licences - Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 section. Please note that fees are non-refundable.

List of current applications - Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005

All applications received by the Licensing Board that need to be published under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 are available online. 

View current Liquor licence applications.

The proper process to lodge a competent objection or representation regarding an application is detailed below

All existing licensed premises that want to operate in terms of the new licensing regime after 1 September 2009 must apply to the board for a new type licence. Where an application type is noted as "conversion", this is an existing premises and no substantial changes have been applied for relating to proposed size, capacity, nature of operation, trading hours or forms of entertainment available on the premises.


Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 - Objections or representations

Any person wishing to make objections or representations in regard to any application may do so in writing, giving their name and address, signed for or on their behalf, and specify the grounds for the objection or representations.

Written objections or representations must be hand delivered to, posted to or emailed to the Clerk of the Licensing Board no later than the objection date listed against each application.

The person making the objection or representation is responsible for making sure that the Board has received it.

Late objections or representations may be considered if the council is satisfied that there was sufficient reason for a late submission.

Contact us

Clerk to the Licensing Board
North Lanarkshire Licensing Board
Civic Centre
Windmillhill Street

Page last updated:
04 Aug 2023

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback