If you are a council tenant, we will take reasonable steps to make your home efficient to make sure it meets the Energy Efficiency Standard of Social Housing (EESSH).
The following are examples of the type of measures that council tenants and private owners can consider to improve the energy efficiency of their homes:
- roof - loft insulation, flat roof insulation
- wall - internal wall insulation, external wall insulation, cavity wall insulation
- floor - underfloor insulation
- heating - condensing boiler, upgrade to boiler and heating controls, install thermostatic radiator valves, more efficient storage heaters
- other - LED lighting; smart meter, pipe insulation, double or secondary glazing, draughtproofing, solar panels (photovoltaic or thermal)
We are committed to maximising Energy Company Obligation (ECO) funding for energy efficiency works to households most likely to be in fuel poverty across North Lanarkshire. Our statement of intent sets out how we aim to help the most vulnerable households and increase the uptake of energy efficiency improvements for such households.
Information is also available about payments and grants to help the over 60s stay warm within their homes over the winter period.