Specialist services for people who are blind, partially sighted, deaf, hard of hearing and deafblind
Specialist services are also available to people of all ages to help minimise the impact of sensory loss and include:
- mobility and independent travel training as well as promote independent living skills
- links with mainstream and specialist schools, as well college universities and the workplace
- advice and information on a range of conditions affecting vision and hearing
- arrangement for British Sign Language Interpretation/Guide Communicator for social work appointments
- provision of specialist equipment
- provision of awareness training to staff and organisations
- teaching in a variety of communication methods
Specialist assessment is available from a rehabilitation and mobility officer.
We have six rehabilitation and mobility officers who are based within the Locality Support Services (Disability) throughout North Lanarkshire.
We are able to offer a range of specialist support, advice and information. The referral process is the same as for community care assessment and an assessment can be requested through the online contact form or by calling the local social work office.