Skip to main content

Advice and support on services for children and families

Child care referrals

Contacting social work services with concerns about children and young people

Your referral will be treated seriously, considered and acted upon as appropriate.

Anyone making a referral should be prepared to provide clear and accurate information in order to allow social workers to make an initial child care assessment and, as a result, guide the action undertaken.

Contact us at your local social work office or - outwith office hours - contact the social work emergency service on 0800 121 4114.

Page last updated:
14 Feb 2024

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback