Skip to main content

Council house repairs during winter

If you live in a council house and need a repair, please use the contacts below.

Emergency central heating or hot water problems

Call Saltire on 0330 202 0444.

For all other council house repairs

Report a housing repair or emergency call 0800 6781166

Scheduled or non-urgent council house repairs 

  • Unfortunately, during periods of severe weather, we may have to suspend non-urgent and scheduled repairs so that we can concentrate on handling emergencies.
  • If you have already requested a non-urgent repair, we will contact you as soon as possible to re-arrange the work.
  • You can still report non-urgent problems on line by using the Housing repair form on the right. We will contact you to arrange the work as soon as the severe weather emergency work is completed.

Gas leaks

If you smell gas or suspect a gas leak, call National Grid on 0800 111 999 or visit their website.

Water supply problems

In case of emergency water supply problems, please call Scottish Water on 0845 600 8855 or visit their website.

Page last updated:
23 May 2024

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback