Community grants and awards
Grants for voluntary and community groups in North Lanarkshire.
|Application closing dates||Applications considered on|
|Friday 5 May 2023||Monday 29 May 2023|
|Friday 11 August 2023||Monday 4 September 2023|
|Friday 3 November 2023||Monday 27 November 2023|
|Friday 2 February 2024||Monday 26 February 2024|
What is the purpose of the grant scheme?
This grant scheme provides small amounts of funding, in a short timescale, to promote projects or activities that bring community benefit.
Who can apply?
You must be a democratically run voluntary organisation or community group operating in North Lanarkshire.
This means that your organisation or group must be governed by people who are elected or appointed by the members of your organisation and that membership is open to appropriate sections of the community. For example, if your group is for people over 60 living in a particular town, anyone who falls into that category must be able to be a member.
Religious organisations may apply if the project is open to all sections of the community and it does not promote a particular faith or religious viewpoint.
Individuals, profit-distributing organisations, private clubs (clubs without open memberships), political parties and Trade Unions may not apply.
What can be funded?
Grants may be used for various purposes including:
- accommodation or let charges
- social events
- running costs
- trips and outings
- programme costs
- improvements and building repairs
What can't be funded?
Grants are not made for:
- activities that started before the application is made
- items of equipment of a personal nature
- repairs or improvements to premises not owned by, or leased to, the organisation applying
How much can I apply for?
The maximum you can apply for is £1,000. You can apply:
- up to three times in any one financial year (1 April to 31 March) for different activities
- or for the same activity if six months have passed since the last application
- the total funded to any one organisation in any one year must not exceed £1,000
What is the timescale for submitting applications?
Community Grants applications are considered at specific times throughout the year. You should apply in plenty of time for your application to be processed.
What is the application process?
Complete an application form. All additional information should be sent with your application in an electronic format such as a scan or photo. You need to tell us which council wards will benefit from your project. Your application will not be considered if you do not tell us this.
Your application form and additional information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure that:
- The form is fully completed and signed by two members involved in running your organisation.
- You attach your constitution. It must be signed and dated by a minimum of two members of either the Management Committee or Board.
- You attach a recent bank statement.
- You attach a completed bank mandate form.
- You attach a copy of your most recent annual financial statement. It must be signed and dated by the appropriate persons.
Where can I get help with the form?
If you would like any further help or advice in completing the application form please contact the Grants Administration Officer for your area.
What happens next?
When we receive the application we will send you an email confirming that it has been received. We will give your application a reference number and tell you if we need any additional information or if any information is missing. The email will confirm the date on which the application will be considered.
Community Grants Scheme - Conditions of Grant
If your organisation is awarded a grant you will be expected to comply with these conditions of grant.
Your signature on the application form confirms that you agree to abide by these conditions:
- The grant award may only be used for the purpose (or purposes) originally applied for.
- In the case of repairs or improvements to premises:
- your organisation should own or lease property (at least five years)
- comply with any relevant legislation
- The funding contribution received from the council is acknowledged in any publicity material.
- All purchases and/or services paid through the grant award must be backed up with receipts. You may be asked to submit these receipts as proof of expenditure so you should retain these for at least two years. All financial records relating to the grant award and its subsequent expenditure should be made available for inspection by council officers if requested
- Undertake to keep any equipment purchased, secure, properly maintained and not disposed of without prior permission from the council;
- Any monitoring reports that have been requested should be completed promptly. Failure to comply with monitoring requirements will mean that future grant applications cannot be accepted and late monitoring returns will delay the processing of applications
- Return any unused grant to the council and
- Return to the council any remaining grants monies, equipment or facilities purchased through the grants scheme in the event of the organisation disbanding.
Community grant enquiries by area:
- Airdrie and North areas - call 07929 016753
- Coatbridge area - call 07976 947238
- Bellshill, Motherwell and Wishaw areas - call 07971 174685
|Airdrie North||8||Alan Beveridge, Henry Emerson Dunbar, Richard Allan Sullivan, Sophia Coyle|
|Airdrie Central||9||Jim Logue, Chris Costello, Lesley Jarvie, Janice Catherine Toner|
|Airdrie South||12||Michael Coyle, Paul Di Mascio, Michael McBride, Sandy Watson|
|Thorniewood||14||Margaret Boyd, Barry McCluskey, Helen Loughran|
|Bellshill||15||Lisa Stubbs, Angela Campbell, Pat Paton, Anne McCrory|
|Mossend and Holytown||16||Beth Baudo, Frank McNally, Jim Reddin|
|Motherwell West||17||David Crichton, Paul Kelly, Lorraine Nolan|
|Motherwell North||18||Gerry Brennan, Andrew Duffy-Lawson, Ayeshah Khan, Anne Thomas|
|Motherwell South East & Ravenscraig||19||Kenneth Duffy, David Robb, Nathan Wilson, Kaye Harmon|
|Coatbridge North||7||Kirsten Larson, Alex McVey, Bill Shields, Allan Stubbs|
|Coatbridge West||10||Kevin Docherty, Lesley Mitchell, Gary Robinson|
|Coatbridge South||11||Tracey Carragher, Fergus MacGregor, Andrew Bustard, Geraldine Woods|
|Kilsyth||1||Heather Brannan - McVey, Jean Jones, Denis Johnston|
|Cumbernauld North||2||Danish Ashraf, Tom Fisher, Alan Masterton, Gordon Currie|
|Cumbernauld South||3||William Goldie, Ann Ballinger, Peter McDade, James McPhilemy|
|Cumbernauld East||4||Clare Barclay, Tom Johnston, Barry McCulloch, Adam Smith|
|Stepps Chryston and Muirhead||5||Josh Cairns, Claire Louise Williams, John McLaren|
|Gartcosh, Glenboig and Moodiesburn||6||Greg Lennon, Michael McPake, Joanne Katie Kelty|
|Fortissat||13||Martin McCulloch, Kenneth Stevenson, Margaret Hughes, John Jo Leckie|
|Murdouston||20||Robert John McKendrick, Cameron McManus, Louise Roarty, Nicky Shevlin|
|Wishaw||21||Bob Burgess, Frank McKay, Fiona Fotheringham, Jim Hume|