Crisis, Community Care and Self-isolation Grants
The Scottish Welfare Fund helps people and families on low incomes who are in crisis or need help to set up or remain in the community.
You can apply for a:
- Crisis Grant - to help you cope with unexpected expenses and disasters; for example, a fire or flood, or if any money has been lost or stolen.
- Community Care Grant - to help vulnerable people set up home, when moving from an 'unsettled way of life' or continue to live independently within their community. They can also help families who are facing exceptional pressures.
- Self-Isolation Grant COVID-19 - the purpose of the grant is to assist workers aged 16 and over, who experience a reduction in earnings during a period of isolation and who are in receipt of a low-income benefit, or earn the Real Living Wage or less, to self-isolate and prevent the spread of COVID-19. This grant should support people to be able to afford to comply with the Test & Protect or approved equivalent service's requirement for them to isolate. You may be eligible for a £225 payment if you meet ALL of the qualifying criteria.
Please contact us on 0300 555 0405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for Crisis or Community Care Grants or for Self-Isolation Support Grants email email@example.com and we will contact you.
When we receive your application, we will try to get back to you as soon as we can, so please wait for us to contact you.
If awarded a community care grant, please speak to our supplier and follow social distancing advice and instructions prior to delivery of goods.
Do you need further help with money problems?
You can also get general advice for any money problems:
- Our Tackling Poverty Team - call 01698 332551 or email TPteam@northlan.gov.uk
- Money Talk Team - get help to make sure you're claiming everything you're entitled to and advice to help you make the most of your money
- Scotland's Financial Health Service - find information and advice on debt, managing money, housing, homelessness and ethical lending
- National Debtline - get free, confidential and independent debt advice on 0808 808 4000
- Citizens Advice Scotland - visit your nearest bureau to speak to somebody face-to-face, or call 0800 028 1456
- Shelter Scotland - call the free helpline for housing advice on 0808 800 4444