You can compost your food and garden waste in your brown bin.
The food and garden waste collection service operates all year round, and the brown bin is collected on a fortnightly cycle.
We only collect items in the brown bin that can be composted, so please only use biodegradable bags for your food waste.
You can place these food and garden waste in your brown bin:
- grass cuttings
- hedge trimmings
- small branches
- raw and cooked meat and fish including skin and bones
- raw and cooked fruit and vegetables including cores and peelings
- bread, cakes and pastries
- eggs including shells
- rice and pastas
- tea bags and coffee grounds
- pet food - wet and dry
By using your food and garden waste bin you are helping the environment and reducing disposal costs, as the material is composted rather than sent to landfill.
We can't accept:
- plastic bags or food packaging
- oil or fat
- soil or turf
- plant pots or polystyrene
- stones, bricks or rubble
- animal faeces or bedding
- general waste
Please make sure that the correct materials are placed into the bin as we won't be able to empty your bin if it contains the wrong material.