Skip to main content

Apply for planning permission

Non-material variations

After planning permission has been granted, it may be necessary to change the proposals that were originally approved.

Where these changes are minor and would not significantly change the development proposal that was originally approved they can be considered non-material variations.

To make a request for a non-material variation, you should complete the Non-material Variation Form. This completed form should then be submitted with drawings clearly showing the proposed change using the 'post submission additional documents' option.  

You must quote the original planning permission reference number.

For planning applications submitted on or after 1 April 2022 a request to vary a permission (S64 - Non-Material Variation of a Planning Permission) will cost £210 plus VAT (20%) (£252).

Non-material variation application form

Whether or not the proposed changes are considered to be ‘non-material’ (rather than ‘material’) will depend on the specific details of the existing planning permission. A change that may be considered ‘non-material’ in one case could be ‘material’ in another.

If we do not agree to a non-material variation, then an application for planning permission would be required and assessed as normal.

How to pay

Quote your reference number and address.

Account name: North Lanarkshire Council General Fund Account
Sort code: 83-07-06
Account number: 11627156

If you do not have internet banking, please email us your contact details and we will get in touch to take a card payment.

Page last updated:
01 May 2024

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback