You can apply and pay for planning applications online.
Applying and paying for planning permission online allows us to start considering your proposal sooner. Retrospective applications will incur a 25% surcharge plus VAT (20%).
You can help avoid delays by making sure:
- Your drawings are correctly orientated when you upload them.
- Uploaded drawing are given a unique reference/revision number.
- A suitable numbering sequence is used when splitting a large document (for example, 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 for a document that has been split into three parts).
- The post submission form is used to upload additional information relating to your application, including amended drawings.
- Your planning reference number issued by us (e.g. 20/00000/FUL) is always quoted when you upload additional information.
For more information on what you need to include with your planning application, you can read the Heads of Planning Scotland guidance note on the national standards for the validation and determination of planning applications.
You may also need to apply for a building warrant. Please check before you start work.