Skip to main content

Adult support and protection

Do you know someone who is being harmed?

If you think you know someone who is being harmed, or is at risk of being harmed, you must tell someone. Remember, the person being harmed may not be able to report it.

You can contact your local social work services, health professionals or the police. They will take your concerns seriously and work to make sure everyone is safe.

Reporting your concerns

During office hours call your local social work office. Outwith office hours, use the social work emergency service number 0800 121 4114.

If someone is in immediate danger, call 999.

North Lanarkshire Social Work Adult Support and Protection Procedure 2024

This document contains the new North Lanarkshire Social Work Adult Support and Protection procedures. These procedures are to be followed for adult support and protection processes in North Lanarkshire. 

There are no forms included - if you require any of the forms, please contact the Adult Protection Committee.


This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Please contact us to request an accessible format.

Contact us

Adult Protection Committee

Dalziel Building
7 Scott Street

Page last updated:
04 Jun 2024

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback