Skip to main content

Make a complaint

Make a social work complaint

Listening to you - our complaints procedure

Your views and experiences are important to us. They help us to understand what we do well and where we need to improve. This allows us to tailor our services to better meet your needs.

We work hard to deliver high-quality services in a way that suits the needs of everyone but it is inevitable that we won't get it right for every person all of the time.

If you feel that we have got something wrong, please tell us about it. We have well-trained employees on hand who will do everything possible to resolve the issue quickly.

Like all councils in Scotland, we have a Complaints Handling Procedure which describes our process for handling complaints and how to make a complaint. It also tells you about our service standards and what you can expect from us.

Before you start

Do not use this form to:

Care Inspectorate

If your complaint is about a service we provide, such as a care home, home support service, children's house, day service or another regulated service you can request the Inspectorate to investigate the complaint on your behalf.

The Care Inspectorate has several offices around Scotland and can be contacted by:

Tel: 0845 600 9527
Fax: 01382 207 289

Getting help to make your complaint

We understand that you may be unable, or reluctant, to make a complaint yourself. We accept complaints from the representatives of a person who is dissatisfied with our service. We can take complaints from a friend, relative, or an advocate, if you have given them your consent to complain for you.

You can find out about advocates in your area by contacting the Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance:

Tel: 0131 260 5380
Fax: 0131 260 5381

Further Information

Find out more about social work complaints.

Complaints Handling Procedure

Page last updated:
15 Dec 2021

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback