Planning Enforcement Charter
- What is a breach of planning control?
- What is not a breach of planning control?
- Time limits
- How to report a breach of planning control
- Anonymous enquiries and confidentiality
- Breaches that are high impact and low impact in planning terms
- Investigating a possible breach of planning control
- Acting on breaches of planning control
- Our service standards
- Making a suggestion or complaint about planning enforcement
Anonymous enquiries and confidentiality
We do not investigate anonymous complaints and where false contact information is given.
If you report something to us your details will be held confidentially. This is subject to the requirements of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. If you request total confidentiality, this may limit our ability to take formal action as confidentiality cannot be guaranteed if the case leads to court proceedings.