Transportation hub created for Motherwell.
What has the project done?
This project has improved facilities and transport links at Motherwell Rail Station and helped increase the role of the station as a key transport hub in the future.
The project also included work to Muir Street and the station forecourt, and has:
- reduced traffic congestion in the town centre
- improved the local environment
- improved accessibility to public transport
Whats happening next?
The next stage of the project will focus on improving routes for pedestrians and cyclists in Motherwell. This will make it easier for you to get to the station and from the station to other main locations in the town.
What we will look to do
- provide new and improved shared paths for walking, wheeling and cycling
- improve pedestrian and cyclist road crossings
Stay in touch
Sign up to email alerts about the latest news.