Creating a transportation hub for Motherwell.
What will the project do?
This project will improve transport links at Motherwell Rail Station and help to increase the role of the station as a key transport hub in the future.
The project also includes work to Muir Street and the station forecourt, and will:
- reduce traffic congestion in the town centre
- improve the local environment
- improve accessibility to public transport
Stay in touch
Sign up to email alerts about the latest news.
- 20 December 2021 - Approval for transport interchange at Motherwell - Work will start early next year.
- 14 September 2021 - ScotRail announces third phase of Motherwell station - ScotRail news release.
- 26 May 2021 - Phase 2 of £14.5m Motherwell station transformation is on track - ScotRail news release.
- 19 February 2021 - Work continues on Motherwell station - ScotRail news release.
- 20 August 2020 - Work starts on second phase of Motherwell station redevelopment - ScotRail news release.
- 25 June 2020 - Work on the £14.5m redevelopment of Motherwell station- ScotRail news release.
- 20 June 2020 - Motherwell Station redevelopment (update) - Contractors Balfour Beatty appointed.
- 20 March 2020 - Motherwell Station redevelopment - Regional transport hub to be created.
- 10 April 2018 - £3.5 million transport project for Motherwell station - Plans approved by the Glasgow City Region Cabinet.
- 23 November 2017 - Plans for transport hub at Motherwell station - Council proposals for Muir Street.