How we encourage young people to become involved in decision making.
We help young people make their voices heard about the decisions made that affect them in their local area. We are always looking for more young people to get involved. If you would like to know more please get in touch.
Scottish Youth Parliament
The Scottish Youth Parliament is led by young people from all over Scotland. It is passionate about making young people aware of their rights.
The Members of the Scottish Youth Parliament (MSYP) stay independent of all political parties. They work tirelessly to make sure that local and national policy makers and politicians hear the voices of young people in Scotland.
The current Members of the Scottish Youth Parliament representing constituencies in North Lanarkshire are:
- Airdrie and Shotts Constituency: Jennifer Deighan and Kayla Gardner
- Bellshill Constituency: Ben Campbell
- Coatbridge and Chryston Constituency: Jodi Gemmell and Ryan Kelly
- Cumbernauld and Kilsyth Constituency: Abi Lennon and Emma Prach
- Motherwell and Wishaw Constituency: Clare McVey and Wiktoria Orlicka
Have a look at the Scottish Youth Parliament website to find out more about the great work MSYPs do for you.
Scottish Youth Parliament elections
Young people aged 14-25 can stand as a candidate in SYP elections. SYP elections are held in Scotland every two years and will next take place in March 2021.