Apply for a Certificate of Lawfulness

If you want to be certain that the existing use of a building is lawful for planning purposes or that your proposal does not require planning permission, you can apply for a 'Certificate of Lawfulness'

This certificate has legal status and is of particular use if you are selling your property, as you will usually be asked to provide evidence that any work you have carried out is lawful.

For more information please see Certificates of lawful use or development.

A building warrant may also be required for changes to your home. For further information please see building standards.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Our opening hours are 8.45 - 16.45 (Mon-Thur) and 8.45 - 16.15 (Fri)


A to Z of services