Skip to main content

Housing benefits


Claiming and receiving housing benefit

Who can claim:

  • you must usually be resident in the property
  • you must occupy the property as your home
  • you must be required to pay rent for the property

Single, full-time students, or couples who are both students do not qualify unless they or their partner are disabled, have dependent children, or are in receipt of income support. However, non-student partners of a student can make a claim.


Contact us

North Lanarkshire Council

Head of Financial Solutions

PO Box 9060



Page last updated:
01 Mar 2021

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback