Money coming in to your household

How we assess your household income

Any earnings you (and your partner) receive are added to any other income you have.

Earnings are:

  • Gross pay less tax, national insurance contributions and half of any amount paid to a private or occupational pension scheme. Certain childcare costs may also be deducted.
  • Self employed earnings after any allowable business expenses are deducted

Other income includes:

  • Money received for an occupational pension, state benefit or pension

Income from Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Attendance Allowance (AA) that you/your partner receive is disregarded but should still be declared on your rebate application form as in certain circumstances it may mean you receive a higher rate of housing benefit and there may be no charge for any non-dependants in your household depending on the DLA/AA received.

A to Z of services