Email alerts from North Lanarkshire Council Sign up to email alerts and stay in touch with the latest Housing news.

Housing benefit

Claiming and receiving housing benefit

Who can claim:

  • You must usually be resident in the property
  • You must occupy the property as your home
  • You must be required to pay rent for the property

Single full time students, or couples who are both students do not qualify unless they or their partner are disabled, have dependent children, or are in receipt of income support. However, non-student partners of a student can make a claim.

A to Z of services