Blue badge scheme
- How do I apply or re-apply for a Blue Badge?
- How do I know I am eligible for a Mobility Blue Badge?
- How do I know I am eligible for a Risk in Traffic Blue Badge?
- How do I report a lost or stolen badge?
- How do I report an alleged misuse of a Blue Badge
- How long are Blue Badges issued for?
- If your application is refused
- What documents do I need when applying for a Blue Badge?
- What if I change my name, address or telephone number?
- What if my Blue Badge is no longer needed?
- When will I receive my blue badge?
- Where can I use my Blue Badge?
- Details of the Scottish LEZ (Low Emission Zone) Exemption system
How do I apply or re-apply for a Blue Badge?
You can apply or re-apply for a blue badge on the Scottish Government website. This means we receive your application in real time. Alternatively you can download a paper application.
You can apply or re-apply any time, day or night.
Family, friends or a delegated person can complete the form for you if you can't do it yourself. If you have no one who is able to help you and you wish to apply online please contact us on the number provided.
The system will time you out after 30 minutes of inactivity - there is no save and return facility for this form.
People with a diagnosed mental or cognitive disorder, which means they have little or no awareness of danger from traffic may be considered for a Blue Badge. Please contact our Blue Badge team for further information on how to apply under this category.
There is a a £20 administration fee successful applications. This charge will also be applied when a badge is lost or stolen and a replacement is required.
Please be aware that some Blue Badge advice websites offer to "assist" with applications, with a charge of around £50. They are not associated with the Blue Badge Scheme. We cannot guarantee your application will reach us and nor do we endorse any websites which offer this facility.
Please contact Citizens Advice Scotland to report these websites and possibly recoup any money paid or phone 03454 04 05 06.
If you need help to complete the application please contact us and we will be happy to refer you for the help you need.
Please note - we recommend that you have all the required information and evidence before you apply using the online service. However, we realise this may not always be the case. Therefore, if you need to supply any supporting documentation that you do not have at the time of the application, you may do so by email or post to Blue Badge Team. You can find details in the 'Contact us' box.