Blue badge scheme
- How do I apply or re-apply for a Blue Badge?
- How do I know I am eligible for a Mobility Blue Badge?
- How do I know I am eligible for a Risk in Traffic Blue Badge?
- How do I report a lost or stolen badge?
- How do I report an alleged misuse of a Blue Badge
- How long are Blue Badges issued for?
- If your application is refused
- What documents do I need when applying for a Blue Badge?
- What if I change my name, address or telephone number?
- What if my Blue Badge is no longer needed?
- When will I receive my blue badge?
- Where can I use my Blue Badge?
How do I know I am eligible for a Mobility Blue Badge?
The quickest and easiest way to check if you qualify is to use the government's eligibility checker.
Automatic criteria (without further assessment)
You will automatically qualify for a blue badge if one of the following applies:
- You are registered blind (severely sight impaired).
- Receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA).
- Receive Personal Independence Payment (PIP):
- with a score of 8 points or more in the Moving Around Section
- with a score of 12 points in the 'Planning and Following Journeys' Section
- Receive a War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement.
- Received a lump sum under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and have been assessed as having a permanent disability. that means you can't walk or have considerable difficulty in walking.
Discretionary criteria (with further assessment)
You may be eligible for a Blue Badge if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a permanent disability that means you can't walk or find walking very difficult.
- Have a temporary and substantial mobility impairment that is likely to last for at least 12 months but less than three years and means that you are unable to walk or have considerable difficulty walking.
- Drive regularly and have a severe disability in both arms and are unable to operate or have considerable difficulty in operating parking meters.
Please note - we will assess your eligibility and you may have to attend an Independent Mobility Assessment.
Criteria for Blue Badges for organisations
Some organisations may be eligible for a Blue Badge:
- If they care for and transport disabled people who would meet the requirements to qualify for a badge themselves.
- If they have a clear need for an organisational badge rather than displaying the individual badges of people it is transporting.
At present we are unable to process online applications for organisational badges. If you would like to apply for an organisational badge, please contact us.