Blue badge scheme
- How do I apply or re-apply for a Blue Badge?
- How do I know I am eligible for a Mobility Blue Badge?
- How do I know I am eligible for a Risk in Traffic Blue Badge?
- How do I report a lost or stolen badge?
- How do I report an alleged misuse of a Blue Badge
- How long are Blue Badges issued for?
- If your application is refused
- What documents do I need when applying for a Blue Badge?
- What if I change my name, address or telephone number?
- What if my Blue Badge is no longer needed?
- When will I receive my blue badge?
- Where can I use my Blue Badge?
- Details of the Scottish LEZ (Low Emission Zone) Exemption system
When will I receive my blue badge?
We try hard to process applications as soon as possible. It is therefore vital that you supply all the necessary documentation.
Once we have a complete application it can take between six to twelve weeks to process. However, there will be occasions where national legislation requires additional checks by an occupational therapist. In these cases the process could take significantly longer.
All badges are ordered from a central organisation and once we receive the payment we place the order and it can take up to 14 working days for the badge to be delivered to your home.
If you are unhappy with any other aspect of the service you receive, you can make a complaint.