Blue badge scheme
- How do I apply or re-apply for a Blue Badge?
- How do I know I am eligible for a Mobility Blue Badge?
- How do I know I am eligible for a Risk in Traffic Blue Badge?
- How do I report a lost or stolen badge?
- How do I report an alleged misuse of a Blue Badge
- How long are Blue Badges issued for?
- If your application is refused
- What documents do I need when applying for a Blue Badge?
- What if I change my name, address or telephone number?
- What if my Blue Badge is no longer needed?
- When will I receive my blue badge?
- Where can I use my Blue Badge?
- Details of the Scottish LEZ (Low Emission Zone) Exemption system
How long are Blue Badges issued for?
The majority of Blue Badges are issued for a three-year period.
However the regulations provide for certain exceptions which are detailed below:
- Where a temporary badge has been issued for a period of at least 12 months, but less than three years.
- Where a badge has been issued for a condition that is unlikely to last longer than 12 months.
- Where entitlement for a Blue Badge is linked to the Higher Rate of Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMCDLA), Personal Independence Payment (PIP). The War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS) and the Armed forces and Reserved Forces (Compensation) Scheme (AFCS) the period of issue is linked to the period of receipt of the allowance, where that period is less than three years. Note in this regard there is no minimum period of issue e.g. a badge could be issued for less than 12 months if this corresponds with the period of issue of the allowance.
- Where a Blue Badge is issued by reason of an extended award of disability living allowance (DLA) whilst an application for PIP is being considered the period of issue is determined by period of receipt of the previous award of DLA, where that period is less than three years. No minimum period of issue applies in this circumstance.
- Where a badge is issued to a child under three, the badge is issued for a maximum period ending on the day following their third birthday.