Skip to main content

Blue badge scheme

What documents do I need when applying for a Blue Badge?

Please do not send original documents as we can't to return these to you.

If you don't send us the correct documents, there may be a delay in processing your application.

Proof of Identity

This can be either:

  • birth certificate
  • valid driving licence
  • valid Passport
  • marriage/divorce certificate
  • civil partnership or dissolution certificate

Proof of Address

You can provide:

  • a council tax bill with your name and address, dated within the last 12 months
  • or give us consent to check your details on the council tax register

Evidence of your condition 

You need to either:

  • Provide a letter of entitlement to the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance, issued within the last twelve months.
  • Provide your latest PIP decision letter showing the date that your award ends, plus the statement of entitlement that shows the points scored in each category. If the letter is dated more than 12 months ago then we also need your annual uprating letter that shows what you are receiving now.
  • Provide a letter of entitlement to the War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement to your local authority.
  • The Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) will have issued you with a letter confirming the level of your award under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme.
  • Severely Sight Impaired - we require permission to contact the council or the relevant body where registered.  You must provide a registered blind certificate if you do not wish to grant permission for us to check.

You will also need to provide the following:

  • National Insurance Number
  • contact details (telephone number and email address)
  • a full colour photo, which may be taken with your phone

Contact us

Blue Badge Team
PO Box 19073

Page last updated:
19 Oct 2020

Help us improve this pageClose

We're sorry this page didn't meet your expectations this time. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the content.

If you have a question or comment about a council service or would like a reply, please contact us.

Thank you for your feedback